Art Showcase: UpThinkArt

UpThinkArt

July 20-August 31, 2016

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm

Criser Cancer Resource Center

Please join UF Health Shands Arts in Medicine in celebrating inspiring works of art by UF Health patient Phyllis Hilenski.  This collection is inspired by her oncology treatments, and desire to create an art studio for fellow cancer patients.

UpThinkArt Story

As a child, I was always a very creative, but my life’s work didn’t follow that path.  In 2005, I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma followed by 2 more cancers.  I was destined for Leukemia  so in 2012 I had a Bone Marrow Transplant.  I am now in total cancer remission.

Having an opportunity to start a new life, I have decided that I want it to be a creative one that brings me and a felt purpose.  I have always loved greeting cards and spent time finding the right one to say the perfect words.  I am focusing on creating uplifting and inspirational cards to remind us of the preciousness of life.  My goal is to develop a studio for recovering BMT/cancer patients.  A place to volunteer or be employed, or even find a passion of their own to start a new life.

Phyllis Hilenski (upthinkart@gmail.com)

Phyllis’ greeting cards, signs and hand painted tiles can be purchased by contacting her through email or her Etsy online shop, UpThinkArt greeting cards.  Greeting cards may also be purchased at the following Gainesville locations:

• Paddiwack-  1510 NW 13th Street (SW corner of NW 16th Avenue)
  • Picture This! Frame Shop & Gallery- 3225 SW 35th Blvd
  • Perfect Gift- 5202 SW 91st Terrace (Haile Plantation)